STEAM HORIZON AWARDS
Application deadline is January 9th, 2017.
The Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation Foundation has launched its new award program for Canadian youth pursuing a post-secondary education in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math (STEAM). Up to seven Canadian students will be awarded $25,000 each to attend a Canadian university or college to study in a STEAM field. Two of these awards will be given to Indigenous students. The winners will be flown to Ottawa and recognized at the Foundation’s first annual National Science and Innovation Gala, in May 2017. The application deadline is January 9, 2017.
The STEAM Horizon Awards are made possible by a consortium of partners, including the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Shopify, Indspire, Facebook, Vintage Wings, CBC/Radio-Canada and VLN Advanced Technologies.
The application deadline is January 9, 2017. In order to be eligible to apply, applicants must:
• be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
• be 16 to 18 years of age as of January 9, 2017
• have been recognized for accomplishments in a formal capacity (e.g., winner or participant of a science fair or owner of a patented invention) or in a less formal capacity (e.g. founding a coding club or creating an interactive art installation)
• maintain an academic average of 85% or higher
• be preparing to enroll, or is currently enrolled in, the first year of post-secondary education in a STEAM field at a Canadian university or college
The deadline to apply is January 9, 2017. For more information or to apply, please visit steamhorizonawards.ca.